Sunday 30 December 2012

Personal Development Portfolio: Tree Tutorial

Hello All!

Well its after christmas and everything will be ramping up for the submissions on the 18th so yeserday i decided to get myself back into the swing of things by trying out some things from the tutorial on www.cgcookie.com.


Through the tutorial i was pleased but also disappointed that i knew and do most of the things he says already.

However, he did go more in depth on the hue,value and saturation side of pixel art one of which never really crossed my mind.

Anyways following his video i got to work creating my tree it all was going well, untill i seemed to start not enjoying what i was doing which made me give a rather lackluster, unfinished result. 

Thinking about it i have concluded:

1. his use of transfer on his brushes i didnt like, as it took away most of the control i enjoy about pixel art, going back on things i have said before if you find the importance of the placement of each pixel decrease in value then its digital art but not pixel art.

2. I felt it was going down a too overly processed realistic look using masks and overlay layers to do some of the work for him (however im having an internal debate about this)

So anyways due to my recent upgrade my computers more stable and can run vlc in the background so the return of timelapses!

so heres my tree "failings" for you to watch i feel it was going well until about step 6/7 on the picture above. Also for my christmas i was lucky in getting a new ipad mini on the hunt for looking for a good pixel art editor in the app store





Edit: heres the final 100x100 image i forgot to post up.


Looking back now on it, it doesnt look as bad as what i though, but it still isn'nt my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment