Friday 18 October 2013

Pixelation for the nation

Hello,

Thought it was about time for a little update. So I am still doing sketches fairly regularly along with doing some more t shirt designs for qwertee just for general practice if you like any of them you can vote for them here, anyways shameless plugging aside I also thought of doing some pixel art.

I decided to do something out of my comfort zone so i did an environment landscape...


original size



scaled image

Apart from some mistakes here and there im rather happy with the outcome, it felt good doing pixel art without the pressure of uni looming over me. It was originally going to be a background for my pixel boy guy.




but i felt that he didnt really fit the environment and would be better in a more simplistic scenario, also i was doing this as my mum wanted an ipad case from my redbubble store so told her that i would make it a bit fancier first, however since the ipad has a set resolution and template i would need to keep it in mind so when it scales it does so properly.

moving on from that,

My bloopers or W.I.T.H (what if this happened) animation is still going rather slowly i am sorry to say, as I rushed through storyboards, missed out animatics in a desperate attempt to get straight to animation only to find myself in over my head.. so taking a step back and taking a more careful approach.

hopefully going to get the storyboards done for tonight and al post them on here tomorrow.

until then, thanks for reading....

David - Portfolio


No comments:

Post a Comment